What you will learn on the Gypsy dance classes
In these fun, energetic and friendly classes you will be able to :
- Demonstrate basic Romany/Gypsy arm movements, footwork and travelling steps
- Show development in your dance skills of co-ordination, strength, flexibility
- Reproduce some of the core Romany/ Gypsy rhythms through stamping and clapping
- Demonstrate basic combinations of arm movements and footwork in a short Gypsy dance
Students will also be able to video the sections of the class to practise at home.
- 12:30 pm – General level. Beginners are welcome to these general level classes, as well as Improvers students, who would like to improve their technique and basics.
- 1:50 pm – Improvers/Intermediates study more complex movements: playing with a skirt, tapping, body clapping and different footwork combinations. A detailed study of choreography.
- 2:50 pm – Advanced level.
Venue: Stafford Hall, St Barnabas Rd, Walthamstow, London E17 8JZ View on the map
Price: £12 per drop-in class or reduced price for advance payment for block of classes.
The General level classes are suitable for complete beginners, both, men and women. Your teacher is very happy to make any adjustments to exercises set to meet particular physical or learning needs.
What to wear in the class
Any top and training pants/leggings which allow you to move freely. Both ladies and gentlemen will also need Flamenco shoes for tapping and footwork. But if you do not have shoes yet, don`t worry, still come to the class and take any shoes with a little heel.